Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last day in the NICU....

Today was my last day in the Newborn ICU, where I have worked for the past 20 months & where I have met some of the greatest people EVER!!! In celebration of my leaving the WONDERFUL Kari & Donna put together an AMAZING "Waffle Wednesday" in my honor!!



I walked into the break room to find TONS of delicious breakfast food! (my favorite meal) The break room has never looked so good!! Table clothes & centerpieces!! They truly went above & beyond!!! I love them so very dearly!!! So many people came in to wish me well & of course eat some delicious food!! I really wish I would have taken more pictures!!! bah...







I love this girl!! She is a total crack up!! oh my! Everything she says I laugh at!! I wish she would have come to the unit a year ago so I could have gotten to know her better!!! Along with many of the other new nurses!! I wish I could have gotten to know many others better!!




Me, Amber & Donna! I love Amber to death! One of the housekeepers asked our clerk if her & I were sisters....YES!! I would claim Amber as my sister any day!! She is the greatest EVER!! I just love her & will miss her oh so very much....except she told me that she is going to write me everyday so that way I will never miss her!!!


Now Kari!! I love her with all of my heart!! She has been like my mom away from my mom!!! She has always been there for me & is the greatest support EVER!!! I always loved coming in to see her name on the long sheet because it always comforted me to know she was there if I needed her!! I love her to pieces!!!
They gave me a Willow Tree angel, the Angel of Remembrance, I will always remember my time in the NICU! Thank you all so very much!!

I really wish I had a picture with many of my other friends in the NICU! I just love them all & will miss all of them so very much!!! Along with the 25 cent refill of diet coke, snuggling with the babies, being made fun of for not liking to read, making fun of strange baby names, having wonderful nurses always willing to listen to my strange stories & laugh as stupid as they always are, many hours of conscious sedation....NOT & oh so many other things!!!

Even though I don't think I will ever be a NICU nurse the NICU will always be near & dear to my heart! So thank you staff of the NICU at IMC for all you love, support, knowledge & laughter that we have shared!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment