Monday, August 1, 2011

Missionary moment!

Ok one day I might stop writing about mission related things, but I just can't stop.....
Today I went to SLC to meet up with the ward mission leader & his family from my very first area. I loved them so much & they really helped me a lot in the early days of my mission. I loved seeing them! I love how many friends that I have made from my mission!
Then I met up with my dear friend Jessie for some Chipotle & we just had a great visit! Then I decided to finally head back home, but not before stopping at my most favorite maverick convenience store to fill up on gas! I was a frequent flier there before my mission. The roommates & I became great friends with many of the employees, however there was this one that I just loved! He was so nice all the time, there were times when I would talk to him for 10-15 min in the morning his name was Ruberto. Well I went in this evening to find him working! I wasn't sure if he recognized me.....he did! He asked how I have been? We had a little small talk & he said I haven't seen you in a really long time in his spanish accent, did you start working some where else? I had an immediate feeling that I needed to bring up my mission. So I told him I left for a LDS mission & just returned a few weeks ago. He asked where I went, then proceeded to say so you are Mormon? I said Yes! Are you? He replied no I am Catholic. I then asked if he was born and raised Catholic, he told me that he was & that he now teaches at a church out in Kearns. I asked him if he had heard much about the Mormon faith? He said no & since there were a few people behind me now, I remembered my stash of mormon.org pass-a-long cards. I pulled one out & said on the back here is a website, mormon.org, there are a bunch of really neat videos and it teaches what we believe & I would love for you to look at it! Then he read the question, Where do I go when I die? On the front and turned it over. Then said, for you I will look at it! Thank you!
I then left Maverick beaming! My first real missionary opportunity since I have been home from my mission and it felt SO good! And it was so easy!! I am so grateful for that simple little opportunity to share something that means so much to me with another! AAH! I am still so excited about it! We just never know who we touch and how it will affect that person! But we get to feel the joy that comes from sharing!

1 comment:

  1. BOOYA! Good job girl! I find myself passing up some missionary moments because I am scared.... what?! I just spent a year and a half doing it. I'll have to muster up my courage again! You are a good example. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete