Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bummed out....

This is a special week here in Sanpete County, its the FAIR!! Now I personally don't love the fair rides or the carni's, however I LOVE 2 special events. The annual Sanpete County Rodeo & Demolition Derby! I couldn't go last year since I was on my mission & the year before that I couldn't get it off work. I remember my mom texting me, "Are you ok?" Honestly I was a little puzzled so I called her & she said the derby is tonight & you are not here....are you sick? Yes I felt like I was! Ha ha!
As I drove passed the fair grounds last night to see the stadium lights on & trucks with horse trailers attached it pains my heart to think I won't be going for the 3rd year in a row!

These events are what I have called "the redneck convention" I tell you, there are rednecks that you had no idea that even existed show up to these events! They are too good to be true, prime people watching time!! The rodeo clown has always had a special little thing for one of my good high school friends. 2 years in a row he jumped the fence to come sit by her & tell her how much he loves her! Good times! One year we had a huge group of about 25 or so Snow College girls & we rocked & cheered & danced like no one has ever seen at a rodeo! When I was a sophomore in high school one of my buddies was going to be in the derby, but he couldn't come up with a number. So my best friend & I both played volleyball so we combined our jersey numbers & that became his number & it still is his number! I just feel like these events are a part of who I am as silly as it may sound. So I am bummed out to be missing them again!
I suppose I will eventually get over it....but mark my words I will be there next year!!!
& I must fine a demolition derby asap to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment