Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Transfer goals!

6 weeks ago I got off a plane from Washington and my life was completely different! However I didn't realize how different it was, I kept thinking I have just fallen back into life & I have, but I had a realization this week that has taken me 6 weeks to come to grips with...if you will.
6 weeks ago around this time my stake president said to me, "Sister Miller you can't go back to the Caitlin you were before your mission, and it wasn't a bad Caitlin by any means, but you cannot go back!!!" Well I thought about that and was like I am sure I will be fine, my mission changed me. Well reflecting on these last 6 weeks I have started to slip back into old habits. The last couple weeks I have really noticed a difference in me, a very distracted & not very happy Caitlin, finding myself in places & situations I don't want to be in & shouldn't be in. I was talking to a member of my bishopric here at home and told him I am trying to figure out who I am now that I am home and he said to me, don't do that! You take the you on your mission and you keep that you up and growing. I was so confused, how do you do that? But I finally got it today! & I am finally ok with letting go of the old Caitlin & bringing in the new one & letting her continue to grow! The mission was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, however it provided me with experience that helped draw me closer to my Savior & learn about who I am & what I have potential to be. Looking back on these 6 weeks I have lost sight quite a bit of who I am, what I have potential to be & how the Savior can truly help me. That results in my lack of happiness and my many distractions.
I always loved transfers on the mission, it meant time to re-evaluate, get out of old habits, recommit to working harder, serving better & set goals. As I got the e-mails today of previous companions and hearing about transfers I couldn't help but be so excited! I talked to a sister I came home with & before we hung up she said well I am off to make transfer goals!
So I thought I should write mine down......
*20 min scripture study everyday
*Weekly temple attendance
*Daily act of Service.....This has been so hard since I have been home...
*Relying more on the Lord with my life, my life is up in the air a bit at this time and I have struggled relying on the Lord with it.
*Keep a clean room
*Exercise daily
*Write letters to my sisters (I have neglected them!)
*Seek opportunities to share the gospel
*Spend money wisely!
This will be a good list to work on, some I have done pretty good at, others not so much. If I can do this then by the time school starts in Aug it will be habit!
I mean it is a new transfer.....fresh clean slate, why not treat it like it is?? Be the Sister Miller that walked off that plane & keep learning & growing!

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin you are so good! You are my new motivation :) I miss you and hope to see you soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still hoping for that clean room goal to come true! I still love you!!!

    ReplyDelete