Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 14th.....I'm home!

As a missionary there were days that I could not wait for this day to come, however there were days that I prayed it wouldn't come. But I found myself feeling as if I just woke up and only had 1 week left on my mission! I could hardly believe it!
June 13th we report to the Mission Home, where we have a delicious dinner, a touching testimony meeting, laugh and cry!

Here are all the elders and sisters that departed the same day! They usually stick the sisters on the bottom, we felt as though we should be at the top.
As soon as the elders left we had a special surprise for my mission president's wife, Sister Greer.
When I was really struggling on my mission, S Greer was always there to comfort my weary heart! I LOVE this woman, but this one day I was not feeling well and was just really struggling, so I laid down for a quick nap during lunch when I began to dream. My dream consisted of S Greer consoling me in a yellow moo moo and telling me I could do it, I can keep going! I will make it! I then told her this and she died, "yellow is not my color, I have pride, good pride!" It became this big joke between us all, so I decided I would get her a moo moo for my last night in the mission home! I got me a yellow one and she told me that blue, red and black are more her colors. She ran in her room and changed and made President come take pictures. Then we did the dishes all together and she told us her and presidents story!
President had said something really funny here....I can't remember it now.
I LOVE THE GREERS!
Then next morning they took us to the temple and then to the airport! I bawled like a baby saying goodbye to S Greer, I felt like I was leaving my mother all over again!
I then boarded my plane in Pasco, WA and headed straight for Salt Lake City, UT. The plane ride was rather surreal it didn't feel like I was headed home, I was just on an airplane with a bunch of other missionaries. Then we started descending into Salt Lake, we all started looking at the mountains, the U on the hill and ALL the churches. We were back in Utah! S Kendell and I got off and headed straight to see our families, we then decided we better wait for everyone else to get their carry ons and come out in our big group. They said Sisters 1st. I was SO nervous, I thought my family isn't going to be there,they are going to be late, they didn't make it. Then I got to the corner of the escalator and I peaked around the corner and saw all these people and I couldn't see mine and I turned a little more and right below the escalator they were! So I headed down.....


S Greer hinted to us all the night before that the 1st person we are to hug is our mother!
I already was planning on that...It was a long awaited hug!


The whole family (-1)



It was one of the greatest moments of my life! To see all my family after 18 months!
The mission was the hardest 18 months of my life, however I could never, ever trade those 18 months for anything else! The Lord has truly blessed me!

1 comment:

  1. welcome home sister! so glad i got to see you for a bit at that gamma activity!

    ReplyDelete