Friday, May 17, 2013

The Waiting is OVER!

About 2 weeks ago I was feeling rather discouraged about where my life was going. I had just received news that I wouldn't be accepted into the University of Utah's nursing program, this makes rejection number 4 in the last year. I can't help but think what in the world is wrong with me? Why will none of these schools accept me?? What in the world do I do now?
I immediately went for my back up plan & scheduled an appointment with an advisor at UVU. She was super nice & super helpful & super encouraging in helping me change my life long major of nursing to community health. For the first time in months, seriously months, I finally felt peace about my life, finally felt a little relief. I immediately enrolled in classes. If I started now I could graduate June 2014 with my bachelors degree. I would then try again for an accelerated nursing program & graduate with my RN & 2nd bachelors degree 16 months later. 2 bachelor degrees in 2 1/2 years? Sounds good to me!
Last Friday night I was at work & decided to start working on my online class, I read a few pages in my textbook & was too tired & bored to continue. Community Health is not the "nitty gritty" of healthcare as my advisor put it, however I thrive on the nitty gritty.
Sunday then rolls around, Mother's Day, I'm in Provo still. It had been my weekend to work & I was super tired after my last 2 nights with very little sleep. I sent my mom a happy mother's day text right before I headed to bed. A couple short hours later I receive a text, usually I sleep right through a text, but not this time. This time I open it to find this......
An acceptance letter?? From none other than my last, last resort for nursing school & the school I applied to last minute if nothing else worked out, the school I have already graduated from. This is not happening to me! If I choose to accept it would mean moving home...to Manti! 
My initial reaction was NO! I am going to get 2 bachelor degrees in 2 1/2 years. Needless to say I didn't go back to sleep. I tossed & turned, then a couple hours later I got out of bed & all I could do was cry! This must be some joke.  I had a talk with my Mom who gave me some things to think about. The next 24 hours this was all I could think about. Then a thought came to my mind about a blessing I had received last October. It was specific in saying the Lord is going to ask me to do something & I will think it is completely crazy, but I must exercise all the faith I can to act upon it. Then I was promised blessings & specifically to be more financially stable than I am now. I felt like this blessing was a little odd & so did my friends dad who gave it to me. We then discussed it & he had shared with me a time where he didn't act on something he was asked to do & how I must follow whatever it is, not matter how hard it will be. I have thought a lot about this blessing since October & have wondered what in the world would be crazy? I think I have found it.....this is it!! Crazy would be the word to describe this.
So here I am, officially accepting Snow College's offer for Nursing School, dropping out of UVU & preparing to pick my life up in Provo & move to Manti.  I have only been waiting 5 months for all of this to come together, not a long time, but it has sure felt like forever! All I know is Heavenly Father has an odd sense of humor & a plan I don't understand for me at all!! There have been a lot of deja vu moments of back when I was deciding to serve a mission that have happened to me lately that I know this is right. I know from that experience that I will never regret something the Lord has asked me to do. This has been a very hard decision to make, I have pretended for the last few days that it doesn't exist.  However I am relieved, the wait it over & I'm finally going to be a nurse...in 2 years that is!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so happy for you! I will come visit you in Manti. I can't wait to go 4 wheeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secretly you have totally missed your mom, and are deeply, overwhelmingly thrilled to come home! I know I am deeply and overwhelmingly thrilled beyond measure to have you coming home! Not because I have missed you desperately, ( I have ) but because you my darling Fran were born for nursing! You will make a difference in the world. This choice will bless the lives of sooooooo many people. You are a rock star in my book!

    ReplyDelete