Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Time Well Waiting

The last few months have become a time of waiting. Waiting for pieces of a puzzle I have worked on for years to finally come together. I began nursing school applications for a number of schools back in December, submitted them in January & now I wait. I have received unwanted news from 2 of them & am waiting to hear back from 2 other schools in hopes to finally be able to go to school for what I want to do.
I haven't been enrolled in classes this last semester because all I need at this point is nursing school. I've been working in the Adult ICU for the last year now & decided to work & just enjoy this waiting period I seem to be stuck in.
Here is how I have been spending this time of mine, waiting.
January started with a trip to a city I have been dying to meet!! I feel rather connected to this city due to my name & its name.....San FRANcisco! My mom needed to visit for a conference so I decided to ask for a few days off of work & explore the city with my dad & baby sister.


There is just far too much fun to be had in this city!! I anxiously await my return! #FransForever

I then headed north for a little Logan reunion & cabin trip to Bear Lake. This place holds a special place in my life of the hard times in Logan, but some of the best friends I could have ever asked for to share those hard times with! Also on this special trip I shot a bow & arrow for the very first time! 

It's only 75 lbs. to pull back

A few weeks later I was able to return to my mission. Something I feel very fortunate to have done! The feeling of entering the sacred ground of the Washington Kennewick Mission brought tears to my eyes! I had a flood of emotions return along with the many memories of things I learned & was able to experience & the many people I was able to meet who touched my life! My 2nd home, which happens to be one of the most beautiful places!
Multnomah Falls
 Sun setting on the Columbia River Gorge
 (this picture does not due justice to how gorgeous the drive across the gorge is)
I went with 2 elders I had served with & we were able to meet up with President & Sister Greer. This was the highlight of my trip! The Greer's changed not only my mission but my life!! 
It was incredible to see people who I had taught who are doing so well in the gospel & unfortunately others who weren't doing as well. Regardless the people of Washington will hold a special place in my heart!

I had only returned to Provo for a couple of days when I headed down to St. George for a few days! One of my very best friends was getting married so a few of us headed down for a little bachelorette party. It was a fun couple days of playing, eating, swimming & laughing. I then stayed down there for a couple more days to spend time with another of my best friends Ryanne. Where we scootered the blvd & rode the carousel.




This waiting time has also been filled with love & marriage. Showers, Temples, Receptions & Perfect Days. My best friend up in Salt Lake was married to Mr. Jeremy Felt. #FeltWrightWedding It was such a fun day to share with Jess & a sweet sealing! It was so apparent all day how much Jeremy loved Jessica & how he will take care of her the rest of their lives!!


After a bit of traveling & wedding I took some time here & picked up a few extra shifts. But also trying to make the most of this waiting time I went snowboarding, hiking & shopping:) I also put in another application for nursing school just as a back up, applied to be a CPR instructor at the hospital & made a few trips home to Manti to spend time with my nieces.
Then this last weekend was one of my most favorite mission companion, roommate & dear friend's wedding. I miraculously had that weekend off & found a super cheap flight out of vegas in order to spend this special day with her & Mr. Redding. They were married in the Oakland Temple & it was a perfect day! It was such a special sealing! Katie was absolutely stunning! They are a couple that compliment each other so well.



4 months of waiting & here I am. My mom opens Main Street Clinic, her very own clinic, where she will practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner. I start working for her this week on top of the hospital. Summer is going to be busy, but exciting! I'm still just trying to hang on with the little bit of hope I have of pieces in my life falling together. Trying to understand that it is not going to happen how I have wanted it to, but it will be the way it is supposed to happen.
So in the meantime I will do my best to spend my time well waiting......




No comments:

Post a Comment