Friday, November 20, 2009

until 2011

Alright so I report to the MTC in approx 47 days! That is not far off at all....but at the same time it is. This last week I have began to see all these changes coming forward, while exciting, at the same time hard to believe!!! I went to the premiere of NEW MOON last night & as I was watching the previews I realized I will not see any of these movies until 2011!!! Every Thursday the Kenwood Residence is all about watching the latest GREY'S ANATOMY episode & after last nights episode I realized it was my last one until 2011!!!! I am moving in 31 days!!! I have already started packing some things up to help with the efforts so I don't have as much to do when Dec. 21st comes around!! Then everything will remained packed up until 2011!!! I feel like time is flying by & not showing any sign of stopping or as Dierks Bentley put it... settling for a slowdown! I will miss country music so much. I have always been so up to date on it & now I won't know which artist is coming out with great new songs until 2011!!! The mission has been so surreal! I feel like it isn't really happening & now it is! I am realizing many little things I will not do until 2011!!! All of these are definitely just the dumb little thing I will be missing & not the big things I know I will miss more than anything else!! I just try not to think about those!!! But this is what the Lord needs me to do & has asked me to do. So I will give up these little things until 2011 because I know the Lord knows what's best for my life right now & right now my life is to be spent in Washington/Oregon. In a recent letter from my mission president it said there are people here that we know only YOU can reach. So I will give up these little things until 2011 so that I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands & find those people who have been searching & desiring the gospel in their lives!! Even though this is the hardest decision I have EVER made & I cry multiple times a day thinking of how hard it has been & how hard it is going to be. But at the same time I will make it!! The Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle so I know I can make the neccessary sacrifices!! If he trusts me enough to go find my brothers & sisters in Washington/Oregon & bring/teach them the truth, then I trust him that I can do this!!!

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin I love this post! I had to reread it again tonight! Thanks for letting me hang out in your room last night, and providing such great memories :) I will laugh out loud, every time I think of that great night! YOu are going to be such a great missionary. You are amazing for sacrificing so much! Thanks for being such a good example. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAITLIN!!!! missions are the greatest thing in the whole world. I can't even put into words how much i love my mission. it means the world to me and yes it is soooo hard but at the same time, well just go read the introduction of preach my gospel from the first presidency about more happiness awaiting you than you can ever imagine !!! it's so true. i love my mission with my whole heart. i only have 5 months left and i hate the thought of it. do all you can to love your mission cause it goes by fast. i love you and i know you will make one stellar missionary. PB and J!!!!!!!! i love you woman!!!

    ReplyDelete