Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I thought this day would never come....

& now it is here!!!! TOMORROW I will wake up, get ready for the day, put on an awful pair of nylons, a mid-calf skirt, & carnigan! Finish packing my bags & head to provo with my family for lunch! Then I am off to the MTC!!! Say goodbye to my family for 18 months & try not to look back or cry!! Which we will all know I will do!! I am about to enter an unknown world & I am nervous, anxious & probably a bit scared!! You hear about mission stories, how much people love them & how hard they are, but its not something you necessarily grasp until you get out there & you are one!!! I am about to understand what all return missionaries say!! It is a long, slighty rough road getting there. You sacrifice A LOT!! School, alone time, your car, boys, staying out late, sleeping in, not wearing nylons, not wearing skirts all day everyday, facebook, CELL PHONE, COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

WORK


AMAZING FRIENDS!!


MORE AMAZING FRIENDS!


& the hardest FAMILY!!!
I will miss all these things so very much, but the hardest will be the family!!! I really should be ok considering I have lived out of the house for 2 1/2 years & I don't really get homesick! But not being able to call my mom everyday & tell her how hard it is & how much I really can't stand my companion/how much I love my companion! How I met this amazing family & they are going to accept the gospel, how the elders drive me right up the wall & are all so immature, how they remind me of Colton & then I start missing all his annoying little things he does! Oh how I will miss my speed dial #2!!! Oh how I will miss TaeCee who I have grown so close to in the last few months & her silly humor & EXTREME blonde moments that occur multiple times everyday!! The little neices who are so funny & entertaining!!! & how I tell Sophie my name is Cait & she says meow back to me thinking I said Cat!! I will miss EVERYONE in my family OH SO MUCH!!! I have said my goodbyes to almost everyone I need to except my family!! The ones I really don't want to say goodbye to & leave for 18 months!!! TOMORROW that happens!! I am not ready for it!! I am crying as I type this & TOMORROW it is going to be even worse!!! But alas I must do it, I must leave this all behind & serve the Lord because he has asked me to & I love Him & trust Him! Although I may be trusting him a little too much, oh well it is happening TOMORROW I am leaving to serve the Lord whether I am ready or not!! I will go in with and open mind & heart & just try to love it!!! So farewell EVERYONE I will see you in 18 months!!!
PS my mom will be posting time to time so be looking for updates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment