Monday, January 9, 2012

Droppin a Trannie!


Well what an eventful day hahaha! Thursday night I am driving home from Walgreens with my roommates when we hear this horrible grinding sound & my car is having a hard time shifting itself. We make it home safe & sound. I send out a little request to the ward & get a number of responses. What a great ward I have. Well they all told me it was the transmission. So I talked to my good ole father & told him the bad news, then I was planning on driving Friday, but then I didn't get off work early like I had planned & my dad said NO driving at night, the last thing he wanted was for me to be broken down on the side of the road at night. Saturday morning rolls around & I get rocking & rolling in the snow down to Provo to this transmission place that my auto body repairman cousin does business with all the time. Things are going quite well & I am feeling great about my little foci. Then I just passed the University Pkwy exit in Orem & THUD, the loudest noise I have ever heard from a car & my car goes from 70-0 mph fast!!!! I quickly pulled off the road right in between these construction cones, put my car in park then back in drive & it goes nowhere. So I called my dad to tell him I am 4.3 miles from the transmission place. I get off the phone & burst out in laughter. What else is a girl to do?? My uncle shows up a few minutes later & hadcalled a tow truck to get me. I must tell you what a miracle of how all these events played out.....
I was a nervous wreck driving my broken car from Logan to Provo. I couldn't tell if some of the noises & smells were my imagination, or for real, but I just prayed & prayed for safety. Right before the big thud I had moved over to the far right lane since I knew I would be exiting shortly, it died 20 ft before the big cement barriers started which gave me an opportunity to get off the road so I didn't end up getting rear ended. My instincts kicked right in, I actually signaled to get off the road. It just went so smoothly, I just knew someone was watching out for me & that my prayer of safety was answered.

So here is little foci being unloaded off the tow truck. I called the transmission place this morning & they reported that I had an internal transmission problem & they have to put in a new transmission. Here is the next greatest blessing, usually this kind of repair can be up to $2000, but my cousin has rebuilt a lot of focuses & so he has a couple for scraps & happened to have one with a transmission in it, that he sold to us for cheap, so I should be able to get away with only having to pay $600-700. Blessing I think so!

1 comment:

  1. You are either the luckiest girl I know or Jesus loves you a lot??

    ReplyDelete