Monday, October 31, 2011

Surgery!

3 Applications, 3 Interviews, 1 JOB....The best of them all!!


Since I have been up in Logan I have been watching the postings on IHC Logan Regional Hospitals faithfully. I had a job at this assisted living & it was doing it's job by bringing me in a little cash to support myself, but it just really wasn't working out & I was CRAVING the hospital. I wanted in SO bad! I had a week where I had 2 interviews in 1 day & was feeling great, one was a group interview, which I later was called back for an individual. Unfortunately I didn't get either one of them.....So I waited & watched & waited & watched for more postings.....NOTHING. I think I ended up going a week without checking, then I opened up to find a posting for Same Day Surgery. I applied & didn't think much of it, a week or so later I received a phone call about an interview. I actually was planning on being out of town, but decided to come back for this interview. Thursday was the day, I go in bright & early, did my best, feeling like I had nothing to lose. Left the interview & by the time I got to the elevator I wasn't feeling so great. You see they asked this question, "are you currently employed as a CNA?" I was at the time, but planned on quitting as soon as another job came along so I told them no. Why? Who knows? I had all these reasons for doing it, but for some reason it ate at me all morning. I lied! I couldn't get it out of my mind. I left for Manti & it was still just eating at me.....So the thought came to me to call back the manager & tell her. You guessed it....I called her back. She just laughed which made me feel so much better. Told me that they really enjoyed me in my interview which I thought was code for thanks, but we went with another candidate. The days go on, then the following week I get this call from Human Resources asking me who my current employer was. This is great news I am down to the bottom 2-3! Then a couple days later I get a call from the manager who interviewed me asking my for sure availability. An even better sign!! Then a few hours later the recruiter......She OFFERED ME THE THE JOB!! Don't worry it gets even better.....It is M-F 8am-8pm or close...NO WEEKENDS.....NO HOLIDAYS!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! That doesn't happen in hospitals! They train me to phlebotomy. They start my pay where it left off before I left for my mission. It is only PRN, until the new year! The manager is the best I could have ever asked for, she is taking me to lunch on Thursday! I start tomorrow!
This came at the most perfect time in my life, what a blessing! I went in this morning to pick up my new badge & tour the unit. I left & nearly cried at how blessed I am to be working there!!

1 comment: